Search Technologies is the largest independent team of search engine expertise globally. We provide a wide range of search-centric services, from experts-for-hire to fully managed search solutions. Search Technologies has a reputation for bringing innovative new ideas to customer projects. Our knowledge of search is deep, and because of this we excel at uncovering new opportunities for customers to use search engines and create business advantage. We are privately held, debt-free, and our business continues to grow year-on-year. Search Technologies is the expert in the search space.he IT Engineer II will help to support all employees in the organization with by monitoring and maintaining technologies assets, network and infrastructure in good shape.
We currently have a new opportunity for an experienced IT Engineer II to join our Team in Costa Rica. This is a fulltime position, available immediately. The IT Engineer II will be involved in repairing processes where hardware is included. She/he will suggest infrastructure changes in the organization and help implement them in some cases. She/he will give customer support internally to all then company employees, this services will be given in person or remotely from any of the offices locations. She/he will have high responsibility on keeping company confidential assets secure at all time and advice about protect the company network perimeter to decrease the chances of any security breach. She/he will be able to resolve any problem by herself/himself using any resource possible.
Essential Job Functions
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential functions.
- Provide efficient, professional and quick service.
- Generate specific reports describing the work performed.
- Assume ownership of the activities assigned, and follow up any issues assigned or escalate it until it gets resolves.
- Complete the assigned task and resolve tickets in a timely manner.
- Monitor the IT phone line, answer calls and clarify anything someone might not have clear; encourage/guide our users to report their issues using our ticketing system.
- Monitor alerts from automatic systems and perform documented troubleshooting steps.
- Monitor tickets as they come and take ownership of the ones she/he feels capable to resolve responsibly.
- Coordinate the effort between other support members and consultants in order to resolve complex problems.
- Keep the user informed regarding the progress of any issues assigned or escalated.
- Perform documented maintenance steps and update the documentation when required.
- Be flexible to work untraditional hours or attend special appointments due to customer requirements (holidays or weekends).
- Perform advance research for problems reported by the users.
- Perform hardware related tasks to keep company equipment in optimal conditions.
- Escalate issues that may require the involvement of other team members, provide follow up and maintain proper communication with the customer
- Perform regular and basic tasks on well-known internal systems.
- Monitor alerts from automatic systems and perform documented troubleshooting steps. Use analytics skills to resolve issues and document solutions.
- Additional activities could include but are not limited to:
- Computer/Servers installations
- Basic hardware repair or diagnose to apply warranties.
- Document and improve installation procedures.
- Physical/Logical network installation, such as: wired network and wireless network and everything involves, including operating system configuration and basic
- Internal IT services and everything involves, including physical diagnose or software installation. ie: printers.
- Give support to the users regarding any of the system IT Department owns.
- Give good support to the communications infrastructure (phones), end-users hardware and software (if any).
- Give support to maintain internal company software library.
- End users support from onboarding to offboarding.
- Suggest improvements to the infrastructure.
- Capable to take ownership of servers. Depending on skills.
- Suggest and implement improvements to the infrastructure.
- Perform and maintain backups from clearly identify systems.
- Follow instructions from IT engineers to resolve or troubleshoot issues.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Excellent time management skills.
- Investigation and communication skills (for clear understanding of problems and troubleshooting).
- Ability to perform deep troubleshooting using internal or external documentation.
- Ability to follow maintenance and documentation routines properly.
- Ability to work independently or as part of a team
- Good Knowledge in our internal tools, such as: JIRA, VPNs, Office365, Wiki, Virtualization (AWS specially), Linux, Windows, Active Directory, PBX, PowerShell and bash scripting.
- Excellent client-facing skills
- Self-taught skills
Requisite Education and Experience
- Certifications in Linux/Microsoft Technologies or any corporate well-known standard
- College degree or advanced studies in Computer Science, Engineering, or similar
- 3 years of Technical Support related activities experience
- 3 years of IT Engineer/System Administrator related activities experience
Additional Eligibility Qualifications